Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: House of Delegates Dist. 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    House of Delegates Dist. 1

    what do yall think about this race...i was planning on voting for Kilgore until i saw where Rex McCarty is throwing his name in, that makes me think a lot more because i know him and know he would do a good job

    he is running unopposed tomorrow, but what do yall think about it come election time in Nov?
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    I think Rex will defeat Terry Kilgore. Terry Kilgore hasn't done anything besides ride on the coattails of others including Democrat Rick Boucher. there is also the added baggage of williegate. That story's not over yet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    It will surprise me if Rex defeats Terry. Rex hasn't really stated what or how he will do anything. That is what I am waiting for before I make a decision. I do not think "Williegate" will have as much effect on Terry vs. Rex, as Jerry vs. Kaine. The only reason Rex is doing this is to try and expose Williegate a little more by the nudging from Kaine.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    Excuse me for being ignorant, but what is "Williegate"?

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    Well i honestly can't say i can vote for anyone right now.
    Kilgore himself in his adds make him a liar. Kaine well i've not got to understand all his talk.
    I'll wait and break it all down, and vote for who i think will do what they say they will do.
    If they don't. Well i'll eat my vote.
    But i won't vote for a person just because they say their local, but hasn't lived here in 18 yrs. and still doesn't live here.
    I'll vote based on if their ideas seem to be realistic and something, that will work for Virginia. And all of it.
    I voted for Warner and thought i made a mistake.
    But for the first time in a long time, VA had a surplus of money to spend.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    You vote for a republican? I'm shocked. On a side story I was down at town hall today paying a water bill and they were trying to get me to vote in the Republican Primary. I said "Thanks but no thanks".
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    You could have voted in the Democrat primary.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    I did.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    i dont vote the party line...i vote for who i think is best, and up until a few days ago, i "knew" kilgore would be best for this job
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: House of Delegates Dist. 1

    ok. here's how rex will get things done. number one, he will open the first legislative district back open to Rick Boucher's office where the door has been essentially closed for 12 years.
    Number 2: Rex will work to see that the tobacco money is distributed in responsible ways rather than on pork barrel projects. This money should be reinvested in ways that promote lasting economic development particulary in technology growth in Southwest Virginia.
    number 3: Rex isnt a right wing radical or a left wing radical. he can work at coalition building, period. this means he will be a swing vote in Richmond and can have more leverage with people courting his vote than Terry currently does.
    I can go on all day on why Rex is superior to Terry policy wise for SWVA and I could go on all day about both of them personally, but that issue will present itself on how both conduct their campaigns. Both are genuninely likeable fellows, but only one will best represent our interests and not those of a single party.
    As for Williegate, it will be resolved I hear next month when the special proscecutor makes an announcement. we'll see what effect that has.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •